You’ve been seeking a doTERRA essential oils review because you’ve:
Heard of Essential Oils and want to know more? and
Heard of doterra but want to know how they are different?
Look no further.
This review is based on my personal experience of using a range of essential oil brands for the past 30 years.
doTERRA essential oils review
Product Reviewed is doTERRA essential oils.
Overall Ranking: 4.6/5
Price: Retail pricing or $25 annual membership for 25% off plus a range of kits to get you started.
Owners – Founding Executive of doTERRA are:
David Stirling. Founding Executive, Chairman and CEO.
Corey B. Lindley. Founding Executive, President and Chief Financial Officer.
Emily Wright. Founding Executive, Sales and Marketing. Gregory P. Cook. Founding Executive and President, Greater China.
Dr. David Hill.
Robert J. Young. and
Mark A. Wolfert.
Founded in 2008
doTERRA is a Latin derivative meaning “Gift of the Earth.” I had heard of doTERRA as an essential oil brand before I sampled their oils. Perhaps just like you and possibly the reason why you’re reading this review.
So how is doTERRA different from the rest?
HOW IS doTERRA DIFFERENT?
The 2 stand out differences of doTERRA as an essential oil company is the quality of their oils and the educational support you receive on learning how to use the oils.
- doTERRA is the only essential oil company to have created their own quality scale, called CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade®. What it means is doTERRA have committed to producing a certain level of quality grade oil in every bottle they create. Here is a video explaining this process in more detail: <iframe
width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/OwLbPaIwrow” frameborder=”0″ allow=”autoplay; encrypted-media” allowfullscreen></iframe>
This is reassuring to you and I as consumers so we know every time we order Lemon oil or Lavender oil it will be of the same high quality every time. I have used many essential oils and the difference is noticeable immediately.
- Essential oils are not a well known tool in the home for cleaning and supporting symtoms of common ailments. Essential oils can actually prevent many ailments from even beginning. This notion of prevention is not common in modern society. Taught more in first nation, traditional cultures. Therefore the need to provide education on how to use the oils is a must.
A main purpose of this blog is to provide regular information and training on how to use essential oils. Some examples are:
- High quality
- Education focus
- Starter kits available at all price ranges
- Strong branding communicating education and benefits of essential oils
- Created Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade
- Positive culture
- Can sell retail and wholesale through multi level marketing structure
- Multi level marketing structure with a focus on mentoring and support
- More expensive than most brands
- Confusion around some of the founding directors being past Young Living Executives
- Confusion about being able to sell retail and multi level marketing structure. Sometimes a Pro can be a Con with a lack of knowledge.
WHO IT IS FOR
This is a great product for:
- Professional couples
- Single professionals
- Small Business with premises
- Those seeking to live chemical free in terms of personal and cleaning products
doTERRA prides itself on their education focus culture. This is ingrained into the organisation. Education, information and support is available at any level you wish to use essential oils. Whether you use oils for personal use, share with family and friends or to build as a business.
In addition, those that derive an income from selling doTERRA through the multi-level marketing structure cannot move to higher ranks without mentoring and supporting the team they lead.
There is training available from doTERRA and also from your ‘upline’ mentors or the person that sold you the essential oils. Here is an doTERRA blog of the training available from doTERRA. As I have already mentioned the purpose of this blog is provide education on how to use the oils.
I received a great deal of support from the person that sold me my first essential oils from the moment I joined and bought doTERRA some oils.
I also provide support to all those that buy essential oils from my doTERRA tribe. This is provided either via skype calls or via this blog or email. For example here is a blog post on 3 Ways to Use Essential Oils
All those that sell doTERRA essential oils are referred to as Wellness Advocates. All Wellness Advocates active in selling doTERRA essential oils will all provide a free sample, if you’re willing to use it. I always provide information with every sample I share. For example card available from Aromattools:
Available at any time.
Available for a US$25 annual membership or when buying a Starter Kit. Kits available at a range of prices.
A How to Buy Essential Oils guide is available here
doTERRA essential oils review
Personally, I chose doTERRA essential oils because of the culture of continual education and support.
It is the combination of doTERRA essential oils being a higher quality product on the market compared to most and this education that is the reason why I am now ‘drug free’. Each Spring when hayfever season hits, I used to be on a steroid medication. Now I manage my symptoms using essential oils with a good diet, exercise and mindset routine.